As part of its charter, GDC will nurture select new ideas and approaches that promise
non‐linear impact and establish new pathways to solve grand challenges. GDC has a broader
canvas than merely encouraging entrepreneurship and start-ups in the conventional sense.
Towards achieving the above objectives, the GDC will seek to be a Center of Innovation that
- Create enabling mechanisms to get faculty to become more entrepreneurial in their
teaching and in their research.
- Seed new courses that relate to the I&E ecosystem, and contribute to strengthening it.
- Evangelize support for innovative ideas and research initiatives that have potential for
commercialization, and curate such ideas to incubation by establishing robust processes.
- Build a leadership program with entrenched values and culture to promote
entrepreneurial thinking at all levels in the Institute.
- Become a world leader in innovation research, and make innovation a part of everyday life
at the Institute.